The Oetker Collection curates a selection of the world’s most unique and sustainable properties to visit from its magnificent portfolio this summer
With the rise of the millennial generation, the art of travelling continues to evolve with the global tourism industry hot on the heels of the latest travel trends and patterns. In a highly diversified and competitive market, there remain a select few properties that the world always turns its eyes to that continue to set the bar and remain timeless. The legendary properties under the Oetker Collection remain the world’s most memorable masterpiece hotels, with a commitment to sustainability; each destination a marvel that each traveller should visit at least once in their lifetime. Offering a definition of luxury that is tailored to each individual, the Oetker Collection curates a handful of their remarkable destinations for Middle Eastern travellers with direct flights to almost each destination.
1. Unique on the planet: Fregate, Island Private, Seychelles (Approx flight time: 4h)
A mysterious, paradise island located just 4° south of the equator, Fregate Island Private stretches ten kilometres of pure sustainable luxury. Historically known as a base for pirates, today the island is a proud testament to conservation; with over 75% of what is consumed, grown on the island, consuming only one-third of the fuel since last year and growing over 100,000 new trees over the past 15 years. Home to the 2ndlargest population of free-roaming, giant Aldabra tortoises in the Seychelles, the island now has close to 3,000 on property- bred from 150 tortoises, 25 years ago. A haven for wildlife conservation, the sandy beaches of this stunning island also provide a vital and rare nesting habitat for two species of sea turtles: the critically endangered Hawksbill Turtle and the endangered Green Turtle. The property is also a sanctuary for birds, boasting over 100 tropical birds with over 4 species brought back from the brink of extinction; including the Seychelles magpie Robin who rose to over 145 from 14 individuals since 1970. Join the Galapagos Island of the Seychelles this summer and experience this rare and magical island up close with this special summer invitation for families.
Summer Invitation package includes:
- Private Pool Residence for a family of four
- Unique island dining experiences like picnicking on a private beach and breakfast enclosed inside a banyan tree with a selection of grape, house beverages and soft drinks included
- Private Assistant to arrange everything for you on property
- Your own Buggy to explore trails that span across the whole island where you can interact and feed free-roaming Aldabra tortoises
- Yoga session and welcome spa ritual
- One private dining instructor course (60min in the pool) and a deep-sea fishing expedition (for all stays from 3 nights and more)
- Guide experience with non-motorised water sports
For more information and to book, visit: http://www.fregate.com/
2. Centuries-old discreet perfection: Hotel du Cap –Eden Roc, Antibes, France (Approx flight time: 7h)
Nestled in the stunning Côte d’Azur, Hotel du Cap-Eden-Roc has been the choice holiday destination for the world’s noble, affluent and famous since 1870. This legendary property has seen the likes of Picasso, Marilyn Monroe and John F. Kennedy take in the same views of the Mediterranean and the Lérins Islands. Spanning across 22 acres of carefully preserved fauna and flora, the hotel is secluded behind pine trees with a pristine coastline and recently achieved the prestigious Green Globe Certification—the first global programme certifying performance improvement designed specifically for the travel and tourism industry—for a 5th consecutive year, proudly joining an elite circle of ‘gold’ members. Having established various partnerships with the Antibes local authorities, as well as the association ‘Pour une planète bleue’, the property also works towards preserving the turtles of the Mediterranean Sea. The hotel’s commitment is reflected in particular by the sale of stuffed turtles in its rooms, with 100% of the proceeds donated to the association. This summer, Hotel-du Cap-Eden-Roc presents two appealing offers for Middle East travellers: from the once in a lifetime opportunity to be coached by the triple Grand Slam doubles champion and Olympic medallist Michaël Llodra, to doubling the experience of staying at two legendary properties, there are a multitude of experiences at this world-renowned property.
HILLSIDE CHÂTEAU & SEASIDE CHIC Summer experience:
Spend one night at Château Saint-Martin & Spa and one night at Hotel du Cap-Eden-Roc.
A ravishing romantic Riviera experience, starting at 1350 Euros (approx. AED 5,304) for two nights.
Grand slam coaching Summer experience:
A ‘double’ encounter with Michaël Llodra, triple Grand Slam doubles champion and the sports acknowledged wine connoisseur. Once called ‘The best volleyer on tour’, Llodra will join you for breakfast of champions, followed by tips on the champions’ warm up and an hours tennis coaching. After the sport and relaxation Llodra and Hotel du Cap-Eden-Roc’s head Sommelier Xavier Dinet will introduce three of his favourite wines.
- Two nights minimum stay in a Traditional Room (single or double occupancy), including breakfast
- A day with Michaël Llodra with breakfast briefing, one hour of tennis, stretching to feel your best after tennis
- Nutritional advice from the sportsman during breakfast on the mythical terrace of the property.
- The champion’s warm-up and recommendations.
- An hour of singles or doubles tennis on one of the clay courts: learn to return the professional’s backhand.
- Discovery and tasting of three favourite wines selected by Michaël Llodra, a connoisseur of fine wines and oenology along with Xavier Dinet, Head Sommelier at the Hotel du Cap-Eden- Roc.
- 1,110 euros per night (Approx. AED 4,359)
For more information and to book, visit: http://www.hotel-du-cap-eden-roc.com/eng/home/
3. Palatial Parisian Elegance: Le Bristol, Paris, France (Approx flight time: 7h)
Located on 112-rue du Faubourg Saint- Honoré, the multi-award winning property: Le Bristol Paris is the first ever hotel to receive the prestigious title of “Palace” in France. Home to the culinary master, Eric Frechon who holds 5 Michelin stars under his belt, the property is today unparalleled in elegance, culinary journeys and remains one of the most iconic locales for the elite even almost a century after opening. From “French style” gardens that span a 1,200sqm haven in the heart of the city of lights, to a happening bar with a sensational resident DJ, Le Bristol Paris bridges the gap of historical influence with the rise of a chic and young clientele offering the best of both worlds. The property recreates a cosy, ageless and familiar setting for all guests to delight in with the hotel’s signature personalized flair that make guests feel right at home, to the majestic interiors, the perfect combination to an unforgettable stay. The masterpiece hotel has been a popular holiday destination for Middle East travellers; particularly families over the years. This summer, the property offers families the chance to meet Le Bristol’s most popular permanent resident with children: Fa-Raon, a sacred cat of Burma and delight in the robust line-up of children’s activities with Le Bristol’s kids club.
Discover Le Bristol as a family. Hippolyte the rabbit awaits your children to take them on a real adventure: a welcome package on arrival, cat-shaped cookies, a mini bathrobe and a treasure hunt. Everything has been arranged to ensure that children enjoy their stay at Le Bristol.
This offer includes:
- Stay in one of our adjoining rooms or suites and receive a 50% reduction on the children’s room
- Two American-style breakfasts and two free American-style breakfasts for children up to the age of 12
- Two interconnecting rooms (two adults and two children up to the age of 12
- For children: a VIP welcome, gifts and a surprise in the room, and even a treasure hunt.
For more information and to book, visit: http://www.lebristolparis.com/eng/
4. Sophisticated British Elegance personified: The Lanesborough, London, UK (Approx flight time: 7h40)
Prominently situated on Hyde Park Corner, The Lanesborough is an elegant example of London’s Regency architecture and a prestigious landmark in the centre of the capital. Guests have every pleasure London affords close by, with 350 acres of leafy Hyde Park before them; historic Buckingham Palace a few minute’s walk along The Mall, and the chic boutiques on Knightsbridge a stroll in the other direction. In a vibrant and elegant grand residence honouring Regency-era luxury, a stay at The Lanesborough is exceptionally refined – with esteemed English service and an illustrious sense of style. Boasting a new 8,000 sq ft space, The Lanesborough Club & Spa is one of London’s newest, most exclusive private member fitness and health clubs. Including everyone from a dietician to an osteopath on their payroll, the club offers hotel guests and club members access to internationally recognised experts in the fields of fitness, beauty and wellness– with a 360° approach to wellbeing. The club also has a keen focus on Bodyism. World-renowned and sworn on by some of the world’s most acclaimed celebrities and supermodels, performance specialists for the fitness method Bodyism, aide guests achieve their fitness goals or the long, lean figure the technique is famed for.
This summer, The Lanesborough offers Middle East travellers the chance to unwind and retreat at London’s finest new health and fitness haven. The Lanesborough Club & Spa combines luxurious interiors with the best in fitness, wellbeing and spa therapies.
LUXURY SPA BREAK IN LONDON:
• Complimentary Club & Spa access
• Choice of either a full body massage or Gold Silk ila facial (one treatment per stay, lasting 60 minutes)
• Breakfast served in your room or in Céleste restaurant
• Healthy detox smoothie
• 24 hour butler service throughout your stay
• Change of outfit pressed on arrival (per guest)
• Complimentary WiFi and calls to UK, Europe and North America
• Unlimited movies and music on demand
• Complimentary fresh fruit and water, plus tea or coffee with wake-up calls
For more information and to book, visit: http://www.lanesborough.com/
5. Wellness|Villa Stéphanie at Brenners Park, Baden-Baden, Germany (Approx flight time: 12h)
Europe’s finest, award-winning destination Spa: Villa Stephanie is located in the legendary Brenners Park-Hotel & Spa in Baden-Baden; where the spa movement in Germany first gained momentum. Surrounded by lush greenery, this is one truly unparalleled holistic destination spa. It targets full emphasis on the individual and focuses on the most important element in today’s modern world: your health. Overlooked by many in the high-paced cities of our region, the 5,000sqm, five-floor Villa Stephanie offers guests from the Middle East the opportunity to detox and focus on your wellbeing, on the interplay between physique and psyche, and on the fulfillment of life goals and personal development. Not only offering a haven to detox from the addictive toxicity of the digital rise, the property is the perfect destination to focus on physical, mental and spiritual yourself. Frank Marrenbach, CEO of Oetker Collection: “Those who dedicate their energy the entire year to their family and profession will find the Villa Stéphanie to be the perfect place to win back strength, health and focus, allowing future challenges to be mastered all the more easily.”
This summer, in addition to having the opportunity to climb with world-class climbers, the property offers three types of detoxes to suit your needs with Vitality, Organic or a Medical detox.
BRENNERS CLASSIC DETOX:
- 1x Entrance consultation with the detox specialist including one body analysis
- 1x Individual nutritional consultation and the formulation of a personalized menu plan
- Daily full board (possible options: vegetarian, lactose or gluten free or low carb)
- Your Personal Detox-Guide will be at your side during the whole stay
- Daily detoxifying tea, water and one freshly squeezed green smoothie in your room
- Group fitness activities (up to two each day): Aqua Fitness, Yoga, Nature Experience, Core-Workout, Hiking and Biking
- Fitness Center, large indoor pool in Roman style, 500 square metre sauna, plunge pool, ladies sauna
- End your stay with a final body analysis and a review of the results
- Receive one personalized menu plan including recipes to cook at home
For more information and to book, visit: http://www.villastephanie.com
6. Urban Brazilian Oasis: Palacio Tangara, Sao Paolo, Brazil (Approx flight time: 15h)
With an exceptional location in the heart of the economic capital of Brazil – São Paulo –Palácio Tangará will open its doors on May 10th 2017. Built in the surroundings of the highly regarded Burle Marx Park under the auspices of architects B+H Architects, Bick Simonato and PAR Arquitetura. The hotel will offer 141 spacious guestrooms – including 59 suites, 9 function rooms and a ballroom for up to 530 guests – all with beautiful views overlooking the park.
The interior design has been entrusted to leading Brazilian interior design firms Bick Simonato and Anastassiadis who have created a truly bespoke design concept for each space. Chef Jean-Georges Vongerichten will drive the hotel’s dining experiences including a signature restaurant, chef’s table, a bar, a wine cellar, a lobby and lounge bar, all with outdoor terraces. The fitness centre and spa will have a private garden and there will be indoor and outdoor swimming pools as well as a kid’s club.
As the cultural hub of Brazil, Sao Paolo offers with world-class galleries, hip art, avante-garde theatre and rhythmic creativity. This summer, this stunning property offers an insight to Sampa’s art scene in the company of an expert who will guide you according to your interests. The Museum of Art known as MASP holds one of the world’s finest collections of European art from Goya to El Greco and Pinacoteca do Estado exhibits fabulous Brazilian artists, while Vila Madalena is a neighborhood populated by bohemian artists.
For travelling families, they get to bring the children to enjoy the fabulous green and spacious surroundings of this stunning property as the chef delights the entire family with a delicious taste of tropical Brazil with a private picnic by the stunning gardens, shaded by lush ferns and swaying palms. Children will also love the two large pools, the Kids Club and the many ways they are spoiled this summer.
THE ONE NIGHT ART AND CULTURE PACKAGE INCLUDES:
• Breakfast for two, served at the Tangará Jean-Georges Restaurant
• A specialist tourist guide for four hours
• Entry to your choice of museum or exhibition
THE FAMILY PACKAGE INCLUDES:
• Complimentary breakfast for two adults and two children up to 12 years old, served at Tangará Restaurant
• Gift for the kids
• Sweets and candies at the apartment
• Late check out subject to availability
• A tailor made Family Picnic